Bristle worm removal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

450whpsti

Registered Member
Jul 9, 2012
Hi everybody this is my first post, so I'm sorry if it's not in the right section or something. I have a fish only with live rock nano cube (15 gallon) been up and running for almost three years. It has only two clown fish in it currently. It had the two clowns a dwarf lion an anemone and they were alive from the beginning of the tank until recently. After I noticed the lion and the anemone had died I started noticing these worms in my tank, big worms, so my question is, how in the world do I get rid of them? How did they get there? And how do I prevent it from happening in the future? Thanks everybody, and my name is Don.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Well most bristles aren't exactly bad, they could be considered part of your CUC, tank size prevents adding anything that eats them, some people make DIY pvc traps can probably find directions for those in youtube if you want to go that route. If you started the tank with live rock or sand they may of always been in there or they could of hitched in on a frag or macro.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
As mentioned, bristle worms are not bad and I highly doubt that they had anything to do with the loss of the lion or anemone. Once bristle worms get to a decent size, they could threaten some livestock but even then its rare.

If you have too many or some are just to be large, you can throw in a (undyed) panty hose or tightly weaved mesh bag with a table shrimp in after the lights go out. You'll want to check it in a couple of hours so that it doesn't rot but you should have quite a few worms snagged in the mesh. Otherwise the DIY PVC or commecially sold traps work as well.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I would just leave them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store