BTA STRESSING???? HELP!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
Hey guys, my BTA is looking really skinny and unhealthy... I fed it yesterday, and now it seems to be curling up and "dying"...? My fire shrimp isnt moving away from near it, but doesnt look like its picking on it either... The BTA was releasing a gooy like material earlier today, but i thought it was just "pooping".. Its moving to a new location now so I'm hoping it was just relocating... any ideas?
Here is a pic of the BTA...

IMG_0224.JPG

speedykeys

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
How long has it been like that and how long has it been in your tank? It looks like it's pooping, and the shrimp probably senses it and is waiting for it to come out, at least thats what my cleaner shrimp does sometimes when my anenome poops. Seems to be one of my shrimps favorite foods. Have you recently added any chemicals or additives to your tank recently?

tamz273

AC Members
Jul 13, 2008
no nothing unnatural besides carbon, but the anemone was added after the carbon was added... so nothing has changed... it was doing fine earlier today but then it closed again and "pooped"... the shrimp wont leave it alone, and im starting to think its picking on it...

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
It is just pooping, I would say. especially if you just fed it yesterday. Sometimes after they are fed, they will have a day when they dont look so hot. But dont worry, it's perfectly normal.
I would wait a while before it is worth worrying about. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store