Building pond in shady area- no electricity either

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Keiamalm

Registered Member
Jun 9, 2012
I am building a pond at a scout reservation for a boy scout summer camp program. I already have a site and liner installed. I am stumped with the pond pump. By my understanding, I need a pump to sustain native fish in the pond. There is no electricity or full sun in the area, so I need a pump that can run off a battery, and hopefully cost effective. Any help would be greatly appreciated by both myself, the reservation, and the several hundred scouts who attend the camp each year. The pond is approx. 8ft wide by 4 ft deep.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
There are other options but they aren't cheap. A friend reps for a company that makes windmills that drive aerators for ponds, but you're looking at a couple of grand. A pump isn't necessary but will greatly increase carrying capacity of the pond.

garyfla

AC Members
Apr 23, 2010
Hi
They make all kinds of battery and solar powered equipment. But IME not worth the effort. It is possible to keep a lightly stocked well planted pond . Have done so for over 30 years . What about winter?? gary

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store