can a crowntail betta survive in a bag for 2 hours

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

smokeq

Registered Member
Apr 14, 2019
my nearest store is 2 hours away so was just wandering if a crowntail betta survive in a bag for 2 hours?

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Yes, that would be fine,

Assuming the store has a clue about how to bag a fish,

I would keep an eye on the temperature though, and do whatever you can to make sure the bag doesn't get too cold.

For a comparison, I'm sitting across a hotel room from a regular koi betta, it has been in its little cup for at least 36 hours. And will be in there for at least a 3.5 hour drive home, but likely closer to 10 hours as we stop and shop.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: smokeq

smokeq

Registered Member
Apr 14, 2019
Yes, that would be fine,

Assuming the store has a clue about how to bag a fish,

I would keep an eye on the temperature though, and do whatever you can to make sure the bag doesn't get too cold.

For a comparison, I'm sitting across a hotel room from a regular koi betta, it has been in its little cup for at least 36 hours. And will be in there for at least a 3.5 hour drive home, but likely closer to 10 hours as we stop and shop.

Hope that helps.
yea, thanks for the help

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I've seen clips of bettas being shipped wrapped in wet paper towels. Like said, temperature control is important.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
They normally get shipped in a all bags, maybe the size of bags of nuts on an airline. With maybe enough water to keep them wet and almost submerged.

I think the damp paper towel is a myth.

And out betta just survived around 48 hours in the cup (and still going) and maybe 9 hours in the car driving around CT, NYC, NJ and PA.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Betta paradise!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Temporary tank. :) It's a jungly, neglected 10 with a few shrimp. I didn't PLAN on getting the betta, but since I knew this tank was available to hold him until I could get a nicely scaped tank setup, figured it wasn't a big deal to splurge.

Reactions: FreshyFresh
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store