Can I fit 3 bala sharks in a 10g?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JamesBenjamin

Hopeless Romantic
Nov 7, 2002
NoVA
www.thejoyofliving.net
i dont think any fish could grow from 2-3 inches to 16 inches in one year! not if their lifespan is 5-6 (or 10?)

but yeah, if they get THAT big, i'll find them a home, or get a new tank.

unless i should stick with one in there, but i think they'd do better in a school (albeit a small one)

quick061

AC Members
Nov 19, 2002
CA
Visit site
i have a smallmouth bass that's grown from 2 inches to just over 12 in 2 years. that's why i got a 90gal. to give him more room for now, i figure if its still alive in a few more years i'll look into another tank upgrade.

the biggest bala i've ever seen though was about 6 inches. those things really get up to 18?!?! man that would be a nice fish to see. i think those are going to be my next choice for my big tank if i ever get rid of my bass.

cacti

AC Members
May 31, 2001
Ripon, California, USA
They are fairly fast growers I would say. Our largest specimen grew to nearly 1 ft in 1 or 2 years. He chased the smaller one a little so the smaller fish didn't get as much food. I would recommend having 1 ------or 3 or more. 2 is probably the worst number. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store