Can't find API general cure anywhere?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Here's what 50 grams of metro/prazi blend from discus.com looks like. It came in the mail today. I dunno if I want to party or divi it up. LOLo_O

I will have to find a more suitable container..

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dudley
Apr 2, 2002
New York
Nice. Now lets hope that it is the solution to the problem, I think the area of diseases and parasites and then the medications/treaments is the most difficult part of keeping fish.

Reactions: FreshyFresh

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
That looks like a lot of white powder, lol. I hope it helps your fish Joel. I often keep extra meds in the fridge or freezer if my chemist husband thinks I should. He judges by the chemical composition & his experience rather than a random expiration date...there's a squish factor too...but no guarantees either...Good luck!

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Unmarked clear bag ? Are you sure it isn't sugar ?

Here's what 50 grams of metro/prazi blend from discus.com looks like. It came in the mail today. I dunno if I want to party or divi it up. LOLo_O

I will have to find a more suitable container..

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Unmarked clear bag ? Are you sure it isn't sugar ?
LOL I'll send you a pinch if you want to try it in your coffee or whatever.

I guess you really have an issue with this particular seller. I have no experience or opinion of them other than this purchase.

All I can say is it looks and dissolves in the water just like API general cure does. I haven't had any other fish deaths. Time will tell.

Reactions: jake72 and dudley
Apr 2, 2002
New York
I just came across a post on MFK which asked about the proper amount of metronidazole to put into feed for a sting-ray. While I have made metro food, I was never precise re the dose. So I was searching for info to offer a decent answer. What I found made me do a double-take. it would explain a lot of the problem in finding the med FF needed.

If you go to the link below it will take you to what appears to be the site for the FDA (United Syates Food and Drug Administration). It is a warning letter dated Oct. 6, 2020 issued to a site called Everything Aquatiq dealing with the medications the site was offering. Ot is a longish list and includes some of the drugs many of us have used for years. This includes metro as well as a host of others drugs.

WARNING LETTER
Date: October 6, 2020
RE: Unapproved New Animal Drug Products
RE: [610530]

https://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/threads/cant-find-api-general-cure-anywhere.291921/page-2

I have SeaChem Metro pwowder in my neds kit, but checking the SeaChem site you cannot find it any more. However, they do sell Metroplex which contains Metro.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
T TwoTankAmin , I think you put the wrong link in the above post.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store