Can't find my adult male lemon bn...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Did my clown loaches eat my adult male lemon bn? I can't find him anywhere. Now the female i still see every day and she is smaller than him but him i haven't been able to find for 2 month. I suppose I should have reported him missing earlier but i kept thinking one day he would find his way home and he hasn't. I've all but given up on him. Btw someone is picking on my angels:

a2.jpg

If it is you please stop he doesn't like it.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, I had a lemon female plec with angels, no loaches. She got tangled in java fern & died I guess. Then eaten by corys (sniffle)...I found a skull eventually, so sad. Males are very good hiders, don't give up hope yet.

What other fish do you have in with the angels? Other angels might do that. I'd hate to blame loaches...but they might...What size are the clowns vs angels? The angel looks big.

For now I'd do big frequent water changes...& think about separating the angels & CLs. Loaches like current, angels don't.

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
Stocking: 6 clown loaches, 10 zebra, 3 yoyo, 5 L204, 1 or 2 lemon bn, some tetras... probably the tetras....

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm guessing the yoyos...just because I haven't kept them & they "seem" more aggro from what I've read than clowns. Was this "missing scale" angel the only angel in that tank? I know nothing about L204 plecos, your angel doesn't seem like that kind of damage...I'd bet bigger white splotches from plecos...I could be wrong...just an idea...

Unless you have medium/aggressive tetras I don't think it's them...or zebra loaches, mine were pretty wimpy with sidthimunkis & a couple smaller rasbora species (harlequin & red tailed) & denisonii barbs for a while.

If you have a separate biggish tank (29g +) that you can move the angel to, well, that'd be my choice ASAP. Those missing scales are looking pinkish. Water changes can help a lot (really a lot!)...but not if it's getting picked on all the time.

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
I have 5 angels; all have shown signs of attacks. L204 are more docile than bn.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I had to let my yoyos go because they were harassing my DD black angels. But I was able to observe this behavior.

I put 5 albino BN into a 75 with clown loaches. All the BN vanished. Clowns like to have place tos hide and male plecos like to claim caves or what serves as one. This can put them in conflict with clowns drprnding on the sizes of each. Female plecos may use caves, but they are not territorial about them the way the males are.

Some BN can learn to suck the slime coat off of angels or discus. Once they start doing this they generally do not stop. How close in size are the white cirlclar spot on the angels to the mouth size of any of the plecos?

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
I have not observed any of hte loaches harassing the angles during feeding time when they all come out; this doesn't mean it isn't happening. The wounds are not uniform in size across all the angles - some are much smaller some larger but they are all on the sides and roundish in shape. I fear the only real solution is to setup a camera that runs all night long 24/7 until i spot the issue.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store