Cherry Barb Babies - how to keep 'em alive!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

josh

wassup in the hood
Dec 2, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
www.umich.edu
Hey!

check this out- I have a ten gallon tank I set up about a month ago with some riccia floating on the surface. I was keeping two cherry barbs in there a few weeks ago (one male and one female) before I gave them to my brother.

I saw the barbs breeding in the riccia that was floating on the surface the second day I had them in there, but they kept on eating the eggs before they hit the bottom.

I gave the fish to my brother and thought nothing of it. Then I looked in there a week ago and saw some VEEEERY tiny fry swimming around. I counted three at the time.

Here's the problem- what will they eat?

Do you think a month is long enough for the micro-fauna to establish? will there be some of those tiny little organisms for them to eat?

I've been trying to feed them crushed up tetra-min granules (please don't hate me!) becuase I have nothing else to feed them! I don't usually see them going for them, but do you think they will eat them once they float to the bottom?

what are my options for feeding these little guys. I counted recently and there are probably 5 or more.

-Josh

Kit Walker

AC Members
Jun 9, 2002
Australia
Visit site
I used to use commerical fry foods with poor results. Since I started breeding N.brichardi's I have had excellent results with "Cyclops" made by Sera. With cyclops I have had good growth and survival rates. Just dissolve a pinch in water and use a dropper to feed it near the fry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store