choosing a tang and angel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

harrypotter41

AC Members
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
I've decided when I finally get my setup (55 gallon) where it needs to be I'm committed to getting a lemonpeel angel (knowing the challenges of the lemonpeel and needing a lot of live rock). My question is, what would be an ideal tang to add and should I add them at the same time or just add the tang last? I know I do not want a yellow, powder brown or blue, or naso. I'm thinking a sailfin maybe?
As well, what are your experiences with lunare wrasses? I foreso a 6 line wrasse (no more cleaner wrasses--we covered that already :) ) Would a 6 line and lunare beone or the other but not both?

thanks as always.

Casey

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
Most all Tangs will get too big for a 55 but the Kole Tang is the best option for a small tank. They stay smaller than most other tangs and are not as active. Sailfin Tangs get HUGE reaching a max of 15 inches so they wouldn't work well. Lunare Wrasses do also get large (10 inches) and are EXTREMELY active. One should do okay in a 55 but if I were you I would go with a Halichoeres wrasse like the Christmas or Yellow Coris among many others. If you want both wrasses add them at the same time. Then wait a month or so then add the Angel. Angels like really established tanks along with tangs. Anyway, hope this helps and good luck!

Guy W

AC Members
Apr 8, 2002
Naples, FL
In a 55gal your pretty limited.

I wouldn't get any Large Angels or any Tangs. Stick to one of the Dwarf Angel species, along with other moderatly sized fish such as clowns, some wrasses like 6 Line, and things like that. basicly I would say nothing that gets over 6 inches IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store