Cichclids Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dhruv Chhetri

Registered Member
May 29, 2018
Hey Guys,
This is my first post here, needed some advice for the cichlids.
I usually have all the tropical fish but one of my buddies is moving out of town and is giving me all his fishes which are cichlids. All I know about cichlids is that they're aggressive and won't pair with the tropical fishes. But I have a 75-gallon tank free and thought I will have those Cichlids in it.
But the question is will they survive and live together in a 75 gallon tank?
Hers the list of fishes he's got:
2 Mara rocks
2 fuscos
1 strawberry
1 vc10
1 chili rhodesii
1 mix cichlid (nice fish)
6 Malawi Hawks
2 exochromis anagenys

Thank You

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, I think you should post in the African subforum of Cichlids here on AC. I can answer some newbie posts but yours is very specific in a way I have no idea how to answer. I think you'll get much better replies there. You can just cut & paste your post in a new topic there. Good luck!

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
Your tank is too small for all those large Malawi Haps. You might be ok if the fish are all immature juveniles for awhile. But as they grow and mature there is going to be a bloodbath.

A 150 would be a better choice for that group.

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I'm not very versed in all those cichlids but I'd agree with N Narwhal72 . You need a tank twice the size for all those fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store