Clown Fish stays in corner ALL the time

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myfishbrian

Reefer
Jul 26, 2007
Rochester, NY
picasaweb.google.com
Exactly as the title says is my problem. Salinity, gravity, ph, nitrate, nitrite, hardness, and alkalinity levels are all ideal. I introduced this fish into a 20 gallon aqurium after it had been running for a few days. If there is any other information you need just ask. Please help me... :(

EDIT: The fish has been in the aquarium for over 24 hours.

Heres a picture taken with my cell.

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
Hi and welcome!

It sounds absolutely "normal" to me. A lot of clowns tend to hang out in one spot. Also, I'm sure its still getting used to the new tank and environment. I really wouldn't worry at this point unless you notice it's not eating (still might take a couple days) or something's physically wrong with him.

myfishbrian

Reefer
Jul 26, 2007
Rochester, NY
picasaweb.google.com
Hi and welcome!

It sounds absolutely "normal" to me. A lot of clowns tend to hang out in one spot. Also, I'm sure its still getting used to the new tank and environment. I really wouldn't worry at this point unless you notice it's not eating (still might take a couple days) or something's physically wrong with him.
Thats another thing hes not eating. I only saw him eat a little tiny piece of some thawed brine shrimp I gave him. He hasnt touched the flakes or any more shrimp.

myfishbrian

Reefer
Jul 26, 2007
Rochester, NY
picasaweb.google.com
I'm a bit confused...did this tank ever cycle? And is the fish hovering in the corner or is it looking like it is trying to get oxygen?
At first he did have his head sticking out of the water and kind of layed himself up on the "fake" reef. So I turned on my pump I bought that says it is a great alternative to air stones and such. I think there is enough oxygen getting to him.

EDIT: Pump has been on for about half hour now and he is out of the corner and is swimming around but still in that general area mostly.

Last edited:

emonemo420

Word
Jun 30, 2007
dover afb
www.myspace.com
well u never answered grins question....did u cycle the tank? if not im sure that definately isnt helping if not the main problem....again it COULD be normal as hes new to the tank so dosent really know where to go...i understand the comment that clowns stay in the same area cause mine rarely goes from his little cave but swimming at the top at what appears to be where there is alot of water movement could mean an ammonia problem or somethign of that sort...also sounds like u didnt qt so he could have of have a problem from the beggining u didnt knwo about ....could be one of a million things but keep an eye on him for a few days and ur parameters...if u didnt cycle try and get a qt tank set up and put him in til ur tank is cycled

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
it isn't unusual for clownfish to stick to one area as 5xxevy said.

But again, has the tank actually been cycled? Your post said that the numbers were all at 0 but that the tank had only been up for a few days. If that is the case it hasn't gone through a cycle under most cases and I'd take the clown back until the cycle has completed. If I've misunderstood and the tank has gone through a cycle I apologize.

myfishbrian

Reefer
Jul 26, 2007
Rochester, NY
picasaweb.google.com
it isn't unusual for clownfish to stick to one area as 5xxevy said.

But again, has the tank actually been cycled? Your post said that the numbers were all at 0 but that the tank had only been up for a few days. If that is the case it hasn't gone through a cycle under most cases and I'd take the clown back until the cycle has completed. If I've misunderstood and the tank has gone through a cycle I apologize.
Oh I'm sorry. I'm not sure if what I thought was a cycle is what you guys are talking about. I meant that I turned the filter on and added water and setup everything and it was running empty for over 24 hours BEFORE I put the fish in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store