clownfish help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
i got 2 clownfish 2 days ago, and one of them is doing fine but one seems like he is dieing . He was on the bottom sitting there so I moved moved him a bit a he started swimming around a little then got blown by my powerhead and now is sitting there at the bottom of the tank again, I saw him earlier and he was kinda on him back and seems like he dying. Does anyone have any ideas???? thanks? I don't want him to die- Also the other clown is doing fine, they are the same size from the same place! My ammonia has gone up a little but not very much around .2 I think.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Firstly, i would remove it to quarantine, to be on the safe side...try and get it too feed on vit enriched foods...give the fish a good check over for external issues such as fungus, parasites, abrashions etc etc etc...check its poop color too...

james123

AC Members
Dec 23, 2008
YES just part of a cube...i've got a clown and 3 damsels and i only feed them a half cube at a time.

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Cut it when frozen and then thaw it in a cup of tank water or RO. Then add.

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
only about a month, the only thing I had in there before was a damsel, I acclimated them regularly I guess idk, What should i have done/ not have done? My damsel is gone now and one of the clowns is dead but the other is still fine, as long as he stays fine, and my water levels stay okay i'm gonna get a 2nd in a couple weeks.

AC2020x

AC Members
Dec 31, 2008
State College, PA
He stays pretty much on one side of the tank next to the glass, and moves around the outside always staying near the glass, though he swims up and down quickly and healthily looking. But he's not exploring the rocks or anything like that or swimming in the middle or throughout the tank!- is this bad? He might just be adjusting also?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store