clowns in anemone already is this ok?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Blossom112

AC Members
Feb 25, 2008
Toronto
mine are always looking like they are harassing the anemone but its normal ,you will find in time the clowns will not want you near the anemone and its quite funny!

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
You should count your blessings MM...Quite a few clowns have no interest at all with an anemone....Great news to hear they have taken to it this quickly...Look forward to seeing pictures of it... :)

Nhrafan26

Off and on user
Mar 2, 2008
My clown pretty much jumped into mine right after it was added as well.
It seemed like it was being rough with it and beating it up to let it stay too.
After a day or two of following the nem around the tank until it found a home, the nem found a spot and really opened up.
They are now living together peacefully with the clown feeding it and both seem relaxed. That is until you put your hand or anything near the nem, then the clown headbutts whatever it is.

This is before it found a "home".

DSC00236.JPG DSC00240.JPG

marinemad

marine mad
Apr 14, 2008
scotland
great pictures! yes my two are loving there new home! they so rough sometimes!!!
and cleaning the glass at the weekend was some task as i was attacked!!! the clowns are so funny!
but whhats really strange is they let some fish get close and wont let others near??
my lawn mower blenny and carrabian tang allowed near but others are not anyone else had this????

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
My Maroon clown followed my RBTA around till it settled on a rock..it did host as soon as the RBTA hit the water and it rubbed in it alot at first , i assume it is to get the slime built up to not get stung

my clown chases off my sixline wrasse and lets my tangs swim all around it , my yellow watchman goby is camped right under the rock it is on with no problems..my cleaner shrimp hangs out on the same rock too and the clown just stares it down...i have been attcked on many occasions lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store