Comet Goldfish Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sabina

AC Members
Jul 31, 2013
So I’ve been kind of frustrated lately in finding my cometgoldfish a proper home that’s large enough for him. I wanted to get a 100gallon tank but it’s too expensive as well as getting a stock tank and pondlining for an aboveground pond. So I finally found the most cost effective way,which was to get a 100 gallon kiddie pool. Although id have to put it in the basementdue to space, but come to find out today that we don’t have any more outletsdownstairs for me to plug in the filter, although I could do aquaponics we don’treally have a window down there, the one we do is really small so that’s notgoing to work either. So from this I have a couple of questions.
1. What’s the minimum tank size for a comet goldfish?
3. I would like to have at leastone tank mate for him, either a fantail goldfish or 5 rosy red minnows, whattank size would I need?
2. Is there another cost effective way to keep him withouttaking up a lot of space?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store