Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Compatible? Six line and Court Jester Goby

Discussion in 'Marine Reef Keeping' started by RedLion, Feb 6, 2016.

1. RedLion

RedLion AC Members

Jul 7, 2017
    I want add a court jester goby to my 29gal. I have a sixline wrasse and clown in the tank currently.

2. Duckie

Duckie AC Members

Jun 3, 2016
    I don't see how that would be a problem. They all three should get along just fine without any risk. I take it the clown is a smaller one (e.g. ocellaris) - a bigger more aggressive clown might be a problem in your size tank regardless of how compatible the fish are. Even a maroon would get along with the goby in a suitable tank. (IMO, a maroon in a 29 is not suitable even by itself).

3. Duckie

Duckie AC Members

Jun 3, 2016
    To add: maroons are always risky from what I hear even in large tanks (I won't attempt to ever have one). Depends on the individual fish, but there is quite a few nasty ones out there that don't get along with anything.

Take it with a grain of salt,
    I only have personal experience with a few ocellaris in a 75 (they get along fine with everything in there - no wrasse though, just a sand sifting goby and firefish among others which they leave alone), a single clarkii in a 90 and a female and male clarkii in the 180. In the 90 the clarkii doesn't bother the pixie cory wrasse or cross hatch goby and is best buddy with the foxface, but takes no cr*p from the damsels. A couple seargent majors sometimes attempt unsuccesfully to get into her personal space - they run like hell as soon as she makes her move and takes off after them. Same in the 180 - the clowns don't bother the banded goby and pixie cory wrasse, but she defends her anemone to the point of even chasing the male out of it. OTOH, she is smart enough not to mess with the tangs who own the tank (all of it).

Bottom line: mixing clowns, gobies, and wrasses in same tank is less of a concern than adding multiple of each.