Conditions for Kribs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mystroe_TheMyst

AC Members
Dec 16, 2002
australia
Visit site
Well I'm not really sure that they are nested, nobody answered my last thread. Anyway I would like to know the exact conditions in which your kribs spawned. Or if you know please tell me, they are together but not doing there thing

I'm thinking that my tempreture is too high? it is at 26'C i think thats about 79'F its got plenty of cover, caves and target fish, good filtration and algae eaters.

Last edited:

Beth

>>>
Apr 7, 2003
Henderson, KY
Visit site
My kribs have laid eggs twice since I got them a few months ago. I keep my tank temp. at about 79F. I have one flowerpot cave and one cave made from two rocks leaning against each other. The first time they laid eggs on the back of a rock... the second time inside the flowerpot. Both times the female ate the eggs after a couple of days:rolleyes: . I'm not sure what I'd do with all those fish anyway.

Oh yeah, there are lots of other fish in the tank (which is 29 gal.): danios, lemon tetras, ottos, cories. And the tank is fairly well planted.

Lisa

H2O Lover
Jun 9, 2003
Colorado, USA
Visit site
I was referred to an excellent website on Kribs. I'm not quite sure how to link it over to you sooooo look in this same forum (scroll down) 'til you see my (Lisa) post "Kribs w/ Rams?". Go in there and you will see a message from Xeider recommending "this page". I hope I'm not confusing you, but it really is an all-inclusive sight about Kribs.

Mystroe_TheMyst

AC Members
Dec 16, 2002
australia
Visit site
Kool, Well I Just ReDesigned The Look of my tank today, after a
%50 water change and the male and female were pretty excited and where both dancing for joy...but unfortunatly the cave was quite, no very unstable so down it came, I placed one of those oil burners in but its white so it reflects light quite easily but i've observed that they only like flat areas so I haven't put any gravel inside the oil burner. They both swam into it and the male was waiting there for a long while for the female but the female was not interested. They are house hunting by the looks of it.

Thanks for the link I'll check it out

Tah....oh I Meant 79'F not 'C i'll edit it....whoops lol 79'C would be fried fishies

EDIT: ohhh shoot! Yeah i've seen that page before when I started a thread previous to yours lisa. I was hopeing for another useful site, but that site is great isn't it! All thanks to Tim Bo

Last edited:

Mystroe_TheMyst

AC Members
Dec 16, 2002
australia
Visit site
well looks like they both are happy about the new cave i've created, its a cracked ceramic pot (wierd shape) and with some broken bits of concrete pipes over it, cosey (spelling) and they like it, I think they are nested, how long till the spawn or whateva comes next, i guess i better re-read that site.....

On the site it says 2 to 3 weeks, when i'm doing my water changes do i just clean around the nested area? or do i just not do a water clean for such time?

Last edited:

Tim Bo

Does fuzzy logic tickle?
Apr 11, 1999
Copenhagen, Denmark
hjem.get2net.dk
It is important to keep the water clean for them, especially when the fry are up and about. Fry are sensitive to 'polluted' water. Don't gravel clean near the nest site at all in order help keep a food source around the nest. (I find Java moss can work very well for fry as a quick refuge or food source). Keep doing water changes like you have done in the past.

Mystroe_TheMyst

AC Members
Dec 16, 2002
australia
Visit site
ok thanks for such a quick response, probally cause i'm staying awake late over here in australia i've got more time to post. Yeah looks like they are getting friendly;) see how we go ay...

oh another question, when you say around, how far around? like 15cm from the nest? or just enough for them to scavenge food? or right up next to it but not distrubing it?

so many questions, thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store