Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Cory cat with pleco?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Bottom Dwellers' started by Casey0421, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Casey0421

Casey0421 AC Members

Jan 4, 2017
    Hello, I currently have a 20gl tank with a small angel and some pristella tetras. It also has 1 pleco thats only about 2 inches long. I have 1 cory cat that I would like to add to the tank, and possibly get more if it works out. My pleco, although I am not sure what type it is, will not get any bigger, but sometimes gets aggressive if I don't feed him right away. By aggressive, I mean chases the angel, but he never catches him so I am not worried. However, I am nervous that if I put the cory in, the pleco will get territorial.

Please let me know. Thank you guys in advance!

2. OrionGirl

OrionGirl No freelancing!

Sheila
    Yesterday at 12:51 PM
    Sheila
    You really need to determine why type of pleco you have. If he's chasing the angel, he's not getting enough to eat, or not enough of what he wants to eat. Post a picture, perhaps?

I wouldn't recommend adding a solo cory. It would be stressed out and you wouldn't see the real dynamics. It's difficult to say if the pleco will go after them, since there really aren't many small plecos that display the behavior you've described.

fishorama likes this.
  3. MeganYiun

MeganYiun AC Members

Jan 5, 2017
    They will be fine EXCEPT corys are better in small schools than alone
    http://plecostomus.org

A lot of people are going to tell you they won't get along but ive had success with it for decades