Corydoras paleatus (long fin)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
since i already started the topic ill post here. my Corydoras paleatus have been doing great, but this morning my girl friend and i noticed little white balls hanging off the side of one of the little ones. We are thinking it might be eggs. I added 1/2 gallon of cold water (cold for Hawaii it was most likely around 70 degrees F) on Friday 8/9. My tank water stays in the mid 80 around 83. i have a few bad pics and ill try to get some more. Can any one help me figure this out? i heared peppered corys are difficult to breed in aquariums.uploadfromtaptalk1376250406675.jpg
the white ball is located directly behing its gill plate. there are two other balls located on the opposite side behind gill plate and one on its side wing.
uploadfromtaptalk1376250534591.jpg

Sent from my VS920 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1376250406675.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1376250534591.jpg

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
You have something else going on. Better pictures of the "ball" would help identify it. Cories just basically lay their eggs somewhere, let them get fertilized, and go on about business.

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
Thanks for your replies. I did not think it was pregnant but I did not want to think infection. It was really weird because what looked like eggs or some sort of ball thing did not stay attached for long and instead through out the day the ball shifted from one spot on the body to another in a rocking motion. In the beginning there were 3 balls, then soon after posting one of the balls (the one behind his left gill plate) must have fallen off because I could no longer see it. The little fellow did not look like he was in any discomfort; his behavior was very normal. Then I pulled out my camera phone to attempt to photograph the "ball" in a more precise fashion only to discover that the "balls" were no longer there. I was really confused and since then I have not noticed any more irregularities. The white balls - when they were attached - seemed as if they were held on by and clear slimy coat, but I have not noticed anything since

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store