Corys swim all over?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Erin_Sauerborn

Registered Member
May 31, 2020
Does anyone else have corys (peppered) who swim all over the tank? I have 5 in my 20g and they’re swimming up and down the walls, back and forth through the middle of the tank, and just generally all over. They’re healthy and are also doing their thing along the bottom of the tank sifting through the sand looking for food, but I just have never had corys swim all over the tank like this. Maybe they’re just happy? Haha. Thanks!

FJB

AC Members
Jun 7, 2019
They probably are just happy, which is a testament for good conditions you are providing. Mine (C. aeneus and C. leopardus) alternate between muzzling the bottom, and doing up and down trips as you described. And then, every so often, they may gulp air from the surface, just to resume their busy lives. I would worry more if they don't play around than otherwise.

Reactions: dudley

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Completely normal activity.

Reactions: dudley

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 20)
They will do it even more after a layout change, water change, or if the weather is changing. Totally normal.

Mine especially like to swim up and down where the current of the filter outlet is

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store