Corys with other fish in a ten-gallon tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

datagovi

Registered Member
Feb 22, 2019
I've got a ten-gallon tank set up with the necessities (filter, driftwood, live plant, accessories, etc.) and ready for fish. I'd like to get some panda and julii corys. How many of both would fit comfortably? I plan on getting a couple of other fish as well, but I'm not quite sure what would do best; some information from multiple websites and people working at our local pet store is conflicting. Any ideas on that as well?

Thanks!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I wouldn't mix corydoras species in that small of a tank. They'll be happier in a bigger group of just one kind. I'd say 6-7 cories, and maybe a dwarf gourami or a betta, if it's covered. Cories will ignore other fish, but some fish will nip at them.

Reactions: fishorama

datagovi

Registered Member
Feb 22, 2019
I wouldn't mix corydoras species in that small of a tank. They'll be happier in a bigger group of just one kind. I'd say 6-7 cories, and maybe a dwarf gourami or a betta, if it's covered. Cories will ignore other fish, but some fish will nip at them.
Thanks for the info! Since my post I've actually decided to just stick with a group of panda corys because of the limited space and then a betta (it will be covered). I'm currently going through the nitrogen cycle, so I won't be getting any fish until Saturday, if all is well with the water.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
OG has given you good advice. A 10g is very small. A MINIMUM of 5 or 6 corys "make a school".

Another possibility are dwarf corys; habrosus, pygmaus etc. Research those, they're quite cute & a better fit for your tank.

I love bottom feeders but they need tank space, as does any species.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
As well as dwarf corydoras, you could try aspidoras also.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store