decorations

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
anyone have any good ideas for decorating their fish tank? im looking to better decorate my 55 community fish tank, but i dont want to spend a bundle.

Tyler718

AC Members
Feb 17, 2002
Stafford, Va
Real Name
David
It all depends on the look you are trying to accomplish. There are all kinds of various DIY. Give us an idea what you want.

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
anything really. just peoples opinions on what they like the best in their tank. i want it to look more colorfull, but mainly just like a nice looking tank.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I like planted tanks, and I don't like most of the available backgrounds--the solid colors are okay, but I don't use them.

I use a lot of rock and wood. They look simple, but I think it highlights the main attraction--ie, the fish.

cpr4cpu

AC Members
Mar 25, 2003
www.cpr4cpu.net
I think I have settled on my 55 setup, or at least I have my wife's approval so far.
We went for petrified wood, in the zen fashion (leaning at 45 degrees). Half the tank is rocky with some slate caves, the other half is driftwood and bogwood. I have close to 60 individual plants scattered around as well.
The captive family will include mostly livebearers like swords, guppies, and endler's livebearers so the hard water isn't going to be a problem.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store