Deep Blue Series V five stand 48x18

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JimmyAqua

AC Members
Oct 7, 2007
Hi, just bought and picked up a 48x18 deep blue series v stand to setup my new planted tank. I ordered the stand and picked it up in box. Opened the box and the back is completely open, no extra bracing inside or under the back lip. Im having concerns about the stand before setting up, it is probably fine but no where close to the construction of the series 1 stand i have.
I would really appreciate if anyone that has this stand could share their experience and let me know if this is the way it should be and the stand is not incomplete or missing any pieces.

DSC_0554.JPG

DSC_0555.JPG

DSC_0558.JPG

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I'm not sure I have the orientation of that stand correct based on the pics, but it looks fine to me. The panel thickness and corners look quite robust.

Is this for a standard 48"x18" 75 or 90 gallon tank?

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Hey, Fresh, if I'm seeing it correctly, the browner part goes on the floor, and I agree with the assessment of the apparent panel thickness.

And if I read the concern correctly, the open space shown in the third image is the back, and that's the source of worry. I'd imagine that as long as the tank is set up appropriately (balanced, equal distribution) that everything should be fine.

Reactions: FreshyFresh

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
The only "wood" stand that I have that is somewhat similar is my Aquatic Fundamentals 55g stand. It's laminated MDF and has held up well the 5-6yrs I've had it.

It looks like some actual real wood paneling on that Deep Blue stand. That's a great thing.

JimmyAqua

AC Members
Oct 7, 2007
the wood panel on the bottom looks like very thin luan to me, it does flex. I will probably add a few pieces of 1x8 pine to the back and bottom with liquid nails than caulk the open joints on the bottom and paint the exposed mdf and panel so i can set it up. I believe it is for a 75 I will be setting up a 45 frag but would like to be safe.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Maybe a few layers of water seal? I don't know how well that would play with the paint already there, but as the owner of a stand that was pre fab, and painted, and seeing how some of the MDF has swollen, I've been thinking I should have sealed it somehow. Just a thought I've had for myself...

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I'd like to see a pic of all sides and one from a different distance on how you think it should be placed...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store