Does my fishless cycle stalled

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
As everyone said---wait. The Nitrite to Nitrate cycle will take about 3-5 weeks.
I would not even bother measuring the Nitrates till the Nitrites go to zero.,
You can do a few small WC, but it is not really necessary .

Reactions: FreshyFresh

tiger702

AC Members
Feb 13, 2018
As of today the nitrite is going down to .25ppm but nitriate is going down also. It close to 0ppm nitrate. I feed the ammonia every other day not everyday for 2ppm. Did my tank is stalled now? Thank you

tiger702

AC Members
Feb 13, 2018
I tested my water today and everything is 0PPM (Ammonia/Nitrite/Nitrate). Does it means my tank is cycled or it stalled. If it cycled how long do I need to put the fish in. If I am not planning put the fish in the next 48 hours. Should I need to add more ammonia to keep bacteria alive. Thank you in advance all of your help.

upload_2018-2-22_20-23-22.png

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Your Nirtates should not be zero. Did you shake the bottles vigorously for a few minutes? I mean REALLY shake the bottles.?
I would add ammonia and test again for one for day.

tiger702

AC Members
Feb 13, 2018
Your Nirtates should not be zero. Did you shake the bottles vigorously for a few minutes? I mean REALLY shake the bottles.?
I would add ammonia and test again for one for day.
Thank you, that do the trick. My nitrate is reading around between 40-80PPM. So it means my tank is cycled. Should I do water change then put the the fish in. How long I can leave my tank without add ammonia. Thank you in advance

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
^ Good point on the nitrate test process. Very common to get this wrong. You need to shake bottle #2 before you use it and then shake the completed test tube for at least 1min. Then let the completed test tube sit for 5min before you read it.

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
My nitrate is reading around between 40-80PPM. So it means my tank is cycled. Should I do water change then put the the fish in. How long I can leave my tank without add ammonia. Thank you in advance
You still have a little Nitrite. Wait till that too goes to zero. The add ammonia one more time, and if both ammonia and Nitrite measures zero--do a water change (about 50%) and you are ready to go. The bacteria would be OK without any ammonia for a few days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store