dont you think.....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Arctic_Fishery

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
cleveland,Ohio
fishdomain.netfirms.com
that 7 neon tets, 6 tiger barbs and a common plecostomus is overstock for a 20 gallon??????im not planning to do that but someone already has and is having major test problems after he cycled it....

T

TnCgal

It can be done if he/she is planning on using the 20g as a grow-out tank and if the tank has been previously cycled, but yes it "is" too many if the tank is not cycled yet - and the person is putting his fish at risk with such a heavy bioload right from the get-go.

ROLLIN

fanta fanta, do you want a fanta?
Dec 4, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
Originally posted by Arctic_Fishery
well it is said that barbs and tets are a ok combo...since the barbs love to nip at slow moving fish...

I agree that tiger barbs and certain species of tetras would mix together ok, but I myself would not risk putting barbs with small neons.

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
Barbs don't kill neons unless there is alot of barbs and one neon,how big is the plec,you can stun the growth but not recommended,maybe exchange its place with a bristlenose but a bristlenose will prefer plants.

ROLLIN

fanta fanta, do you want a fanta?
Dec 4, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
Tiger barbs probably wouldnt kill neons but theyd most likely chase them around and harass them. Better choice for tank mates for neons are fish like black phantom tetras, white clouds, harlequin rasboras and other small fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store