Electric Blue Jack Dempseythread on MFK

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
So haven't had any new fish in awhile. I've been looking for some Electric Blue Jack Dempseys kind of half heartedly. I have also been pretty broke after my summer of fun! But was able to sell a few fish tanks recently so started looking around. I happened on a thread on MFK last week where several people recommended a certain breeder. I contacted him and now I have 4 coming on Tuesday!! I can't wait!
I will post pics when they get here. Anyone else have any of these guys? I would love to see pics if you do! Any experiences out there to share? I know they can be picky and are not typically very hardy. There were several people on the board that had grown these out to 5 inches or so. So, I have my fingers crossed!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Cool deal well i hope they turn out good for you, post some photos..

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Im thinking about getting a pair and breeding them. Ive seen a few of the EBJDs and they are stunning! They really are electric blue! Beautiful fish. Let us know when they come in so you can show them off to us ! Id be happy to see some nice EBJDs :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Got Pics!

So, they didn't get here until they day after they were supposed to....Yeah USPS.....But all looked great thank goodness! Here are some pics. They were really hard to get!! these little guys are fast! This was RIGHT after they were put in tank! they have colored up some more since then!

EBJD.JPG EBJD2.JPG EBJD3.JPG photo-30.JPG

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
They are cute little fish! What size tank are you keeping them in? Also, i havent heard of any EBJDs exceeding 5"-6", have you? Where/who did you buy them from if you dont mind me asking? My LFS usually has some but id rather get them directly from a breeder.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
Just in case you didn't know you must breed them with a normal phase het to get more. My Jacks love flower pots, so if you aren't done aquascaping that will help them settle in. I would also suggest a few dither fish to keep them worried about fish not people.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Very nice... have fun with them!!

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Thanks everyone! They haven't skipped a beat!! Eating like piggies!

KTrom....I have heard of some 7 inchers, but you are right they tend to stay smaller side. I have also read a lot of people have trouble getting them past the 3 inch mark. I have been looking around but had not seen what I thought I wanted. I happened on a thread on MFK. There were some peeps talking about heir EBJD they had bought from Amazing_betta. So, I contacted him by PM. Super nice guy and has a long history as a respected hobbyist brreder from what I can tell. Very reasonable price wise too. I paid 12 dollars for each fish and 35 dollare express shipping. Locally I have seen them for 30-40 bucks and aquabid is usually much more expensive as well. I gues the test will be in the grow-out!! LOL I have them in a 20 right now with some guppies. I ahve a 125 and a 90 for later!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store