Emergency 20 Long Upgrade with Stargate Decor

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jesterrace

AC Members
Apr 24, 2018
After attempting to add the decor to my kid's 10 gallon Glofish Tank I noticed a water seepage from the front seal, so I used the opportunity to grab a 20 Long and do a quick upgrade. Still a work in progress with more upgrades to the decor but here it is:

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
If you use the same filter & some decor you should be fine. I cant tell the fish, dwarf gourami, endlers & neons? I don't see glowfish...

I think a black background will help hide you filter & cords & make the lighted bubbles more dramatic. Even a trash bag to give you the idea.

Looks like a fun kid-centric tank, bigger is always better when it comes to tanks :) 20 longs are my favorite small tank size & shape.

Jesterrace

AC Members
Apr 24, 2018
Yeah, I upgraded the filter itself but used the filter media and screen from the old filter. No Glofish left in the tank. It was originally a Glofish setup but I decided to go in a different direction with the tank. I agree that a black background will improve it and it's on the to do list (had one on the old 10 gallon setup). Anyways, I did switch to the Glofish Cycle LED Light and I have a review/overview of it here:

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
I highly recommend using a dark colored substrate. Adding colored tape will stress your fish and possibly lead to illness. I can't tell if you have neon tetra, but it's a delicate fish, and you will not find that game of colors attractive in your tank, just my opinion, good luck.

Jesterrace

AC Members
Apr 24, 2018
Love my new smart plugs. Much more dependable and consistent than my old mechanical timers:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store