ever play follow the leader with your fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

moose1960

AC Members
Sep 8, 2002
Trenton, Ontario
Visit site
I went and bought one of those lazer pointers today, for a teaching aid, when i just had to see what the fish would do if i shone it in the tank. Much to my surprise they all started to attack and chase it. Funny watching 6 specic of fish chasing a little red dot.:D
Wonder if other colors would do the same.
Cats chase it, dogs chase it, kids chase it, and fish chase it.
Great minds must think alike ...lol

Arctic_Fishery

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
cleveland,Ohio
fishdomain.netfirms.com
careful with that lazer bud....you could more damage then fun....like stressing them out because they think thier territory is being invaded.....also catching one of them in the eye could do a world of stress.....but i have played follow the leader with my finger tip on the glass with 3 black angelfish.They would follow my finger and line up at the top of the tank where i would drop little flakes in thier mouth for feeding...i miss those fish.....ah well:(

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
I know Kittens LOVE those lazer pointers! Also tourists at disney world.

deehar1

AC Members
Dec 7, 2002
New York, NY
Visit site
info on laser lights/systems....

Hey, Arctic_Fishery and anyone else out there can you talk to me more about your opinions on lasers..... I have just ordered a Miracle Beam combo Laser and Hi-Lite backlighting system...

http://www.miraclebeam.com/aqualas.asp

There web site raves of the benefits of lasers for raising fry, help reduce bacteria, etc. etc. and FISHZINE magazine did a big product review on it too....

http://www.miraclebeam.com/fishzine.asp

Are these lasers really dangerous??? If so, when my shipment arrives tomorrow..... what'l I do.....:confused: :confused:

Arctic_Fishery

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
cleveland,Ohio
fishdomain.netfirms.com
hopefully other people can help you bud...cuz my knowledge does not fall in that area.....sorry.you should ask that question in another area as a solo topic....

TheCichlidMan1

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Rhode Island
wrestlingwire.net
for topic starter...

Ever play, lets see if you can bite my finger off with a RD? Its pretty scary, LOL. I love my RD hes soo cool!

He also follows my finger around the tank but I dare not to use a laser pointer (mostly because I dont own one, LOL) and secondly because it may not be good for the fish as previously mentioned. Darn, fish are so fragile, huh?

wetmanNY

AC Members
Serrateeth if fish couldn't see red, there wouldn't be any red-bellied male sticklebacks.

Long ago someone told you that deep sea fish and other critters are often red because red light penetrates least well in water, so at depth red fishes appear black.

Don't you think that was it?

...whatever...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store