Everything is wrong

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OMGthisTANK

AC Members
Sep 27, 2016
If lucky does die, i suggest doing a deep clean and re-cycle to make sure it stays stable in future
I agree completely. If it weren't for lucky and the 4 newbies he put in just before passing the tank to me, I would flush the whole tank and start new

Hendre

AC Members
Sep 7, 2016
I agree completely. If it weren't for lucky and the 4 newbies he put in just before passing the tank to me, I would flush the whole tank and start new
Yea, im redoing my 70 in december so that will be a lot of work. i may have missed this but, what size is the tank and what do you want to keep?

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
What on earth was he doing to get the ammonia off the chart in just 2 months!? lol Have you checked the tank for any dead fish? I agree with everything said so far. I would usually question the test kits accuracy but considering they are all extreme it's probably unlikely. Water changes galore but small and often and do some gravel vac-ing. Do you know what kind of fish you have?

OMGthisTANK

AC Members
Sep 27, 2016
What on earth was he doing to get the ammonia off the chart in just 2 months!? lol Have you checked the tank for any dead fish? I agree with everything said so far. I would usually question the test kits accuracy but considering they are all extreme it's probably unlikely. Water changes galore but small and often and do some gravel vac-ing. Do you know what kind of fish you have?
He purchased the tank gravel and a plant on day 1. Left all sitting in the garage for several days before putting the tank together. He didn't rinse the plant or gravel before putting it in. Filled it with tap water and let it sit 24 hours before putting the first batch of fish in. Lucky is the only survivor from that batch. The rest died and there have been 2 more batches since then (Goldie survived the 3rd batch) and the last 3 fish he put in were just some feeder fish of some sort. All through out he was taking purchase advise from Petsmart so who knows what chemicals he has dumped in there as well.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
So... 5 goldfish?

I suspect the ammonia is the combination of the fish, and uneaten food wasting on the bottom.

Chances are you will need to plan to either rehome the fish, or get something significantly bigger for them to stay healthy in the long term.

OMGthisTANK

AC Members
Sep 27, 2016
So... 5 goldfish?

I suspect the ammonia is the combination of the fish, and uneaten food wasting on the bottom.

Chances are you will need to plan to either rehome the fish, or get something significantly bigger for them to stay healthy in the long term.
The big pale guy is Lucky. The goldfish. And 3 little silver guys.

image.jpeg

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I think that might be a rosy red minnow (common "feeder" fish) not a goldfish (top left), which would be good news at least. I see a platy (bottom) (maybe a ballon platy or could be the angle) and red serpae/minor tetra (middle). All are ok in a 15g but the tetra would want friends (own species) eventually. I don't see 3 little silver guys?

With those tests results I would expect the fish to look WAY way worse and they look rather normal. I'm back to questioning the test kit. Had you done any water changes with your tap water before taking those tests? Can you test your tap water please?

I almost asked for pictures earlier but didn't cause I always ask for pictures and was feeling redundant! lol Thanks for the picture! :)

OMGthisTANK

AC Members
Sep 27, 2016
The top left is some type of me now feeder fish. They are the silver guys I mentioned. There are 3 of them total. They are not all in the picture :)

The other two are some type of tetras but I don't know what kind.

I haven't done any water changes yet but I know that he was previously doing 25% changes before.

I put some prime water conditioner in the tank and will wait a full 24 hours before I test again.
I haven't tested my tap water yet. Nor have I done any transfers myself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store