eye looks cloudy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Hi. I noticed that the eyes on my Unicorn tang look a little cloudy. there's like white spots on it.. This happened before, but it went away. Its eyes always looked a little "scratchy", but it seems a little strange. the fish is doing fine, and water conditions are perfect.

Should I be worried? Any idea on what it might be?

thanks...

Guy W

AC Members
Apr 8, 2002
Naples, FL
if i'm not mistaken cloudy eyes or pop eye are due to water quality issues. if all your parameters are right on has the tank suffered any temperature swings lately?

The white spots, only on the eyes? could be some kind of parasite but i'm not sure.

i've had similar problems with my majestic angel, but went away after a short time, and always seemed to happen if the tank got too cold.

good luck,
gw

TRIGGERFISH1964

Gotta love triggers
Apr 5, 2002
Detroit, MI
No actually I just lost my large male banggai cardinal.He was very picky and did not get enough food,by his choice.His eyes got cloudy and bulged.I looked it up and malnutrition is a factor in eye abnormalities.

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Hi...

thanks for the help... Well, the gfish seems to be doing fine.

I give the fish a nice variety of frozen and dry foods, with added nutrient drops. the cloudiness seems to have gone away. not its eyes almost look as though they're slightly scratched. Then again, it's been that way since I got it about 1 year ago...

Thanks for th4e help .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store