Feather duster or pest?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
That one? Tweezers. Was a bad idea but I didn't expect it to anchor into the rock in less then a day. Ended up digging a hole 1/2" into the rock and ripping it out. It definitely went into reproductive mode but I have not seen a single one appear in the display tank yet. I do pull 1 or 2 out of the refugium every couple months (not sure if they like the lighting or what but they only pop up there). They seem to only stick to the ceramic rings or halimeda, so I just pick out whatever they are attached to and toss it into an empty garbage bucket nearby. Haven't really needed to come up with a real removal plan yet since they are being pretty easy to manage.

turtlelover79

AC Members
Sep 18, 2011
Pecos, NM
We keep a couple peppermint shrimp in our tank after discovering we had this hitchhiker. At first we thought it was cool, until we learned otherwise. By keeping a couple peppermints, we don't have a problem with them. If any pop up, the shrimp take care of them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store