feeding pond plants

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

g. mcclean

AC Members
Mar 26, 2003
new jersey
Visit site
I have 2 water lillies in the deep section of my outdoor pond. They are difficult to reach to put in plant tabs. Is there anything I can add to the water that will not harm my fish?(Shebunkins)
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002

There are liquid fertilizers to use..
How large is your pond?

g. mcclean

AC Members
Mar 26, 2003
new jersey
Visit site
feeding pond plants-reply

thanks for your response Joe. My pond is 10 by 10 in the main section with a four by six upper section that flows into the main section. the deepest part is just under 2 feet deep.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002

I'm serious now....
Why not wade in and put the tabs in?

You only need to do this ocassionally... Also, there should be some pond supply stores nearby; there are liquid additives to use, but I'm not exactly sure of the names of them.

Any other suggestions all??
Hope I helped some, but kinda doubt it...

rjl420

AC Members
May 13, 2002
Temecula, CA
photos.yahoo.com
I personally don't use any ferts for my lillies (or any other plants for that matter), but one thing I've found beneficial is to re-pot them at least every 2-3 seasons. I usually do this at the begining of spring. at that time I usually do add the fert tabs, but I never add anything once they are submerged.

there are devices that help with getting the ferts to the lillies, but they may or may not be reliable. they use a tube which holds a pellet of (proprietary) fert tabs and uses a syringe type method of injecting the tab into the soil. if most ferts are left above the potting elements they can contaminate the water column which is why I mention they may not be reliable (if you can't make sure the tabs are deep enough).

HTH

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store