feeding worms to my fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dpmac10

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Nebraska
Visit site
Hi i have a gar and a needle nose and black ghost knife and african ghost knife and i was wondering if i could feed them just some knight crawerls from my bait shop or would they even eat them. I think my gar might and maybe black ghost knife but i'm not sure about other. does any one feed there fish those kind of worms thanks.

quantim0

Go Packers!!
Feb 19, 2002
Westfield, NJ
adult nightcrawlers are a very big worm. i would go with some red trout worms or baby crawlers. these are a smaller size and should be easier for your fish to take down. but they will definitely love the worms.

Hootchieman

I may be crazy, but I'm not insane.
Oct 22, 2002
Victoria, B.C.
Visit site
I used to feed earthworms to my oscars, tinfoil barbs, and silver dollars and I swore I could see the oscars grow an inch a day. You might want to leave the worms overnight without any soil so they will purge themselves of excess wastes. Then just cut them up into bite size pieces. Your BGK will probably love store bought shrimp too.

jilo

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
my oscar loves them, he usually jumps takes them out of my fingers before i even get a chance to let go, and yes i just use the ones from a bait shop, never had a problem.
k
p.s. the also love meal worms

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store