Filter out of commision. Looking for a cost effective replacement

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PVC filter

AC Members
Jun 20, 2017
I have had my fillstar for about 3 years now. I have heard that theyre pretty cheaply made and I knew that when I got it. either way its been fine up until this.

I know you didn`t mention HOBs I was just explaining that its an option I can`t use with this tank unfortunately.

Funny you should mention Eheim. back when I was 15 I had a broken impeller and a leaky O-ring and Eheim sent me replacement parts for free. probably helps that I emailed them in German.
I`m a european style fishkeeper in the sense that I like one canister, regular water changes and spray bars lol. you can always tell a european or asian companies filter because of the spray bar. I love Eheim although here in Canada they are an expensive imported product and we don`t have the full selection of products in the stores I`ve been to.
Eheim is now made in China. I wrote them about a problem with 4 of their units all pro 3. Well the hose connector wears out! Why I have no idea but it renders the filter useless. It took a few days but EHEIM told me the plastic breaks down because of dirty filter water- still makes me laugh. So I built my own and it works so much better

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store