Finally Ready to Stock!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

easterner2012

AC Members
Jul 14, 2017
So, it looks like both the Acei's I purchase on Saturday have both died.. Now I'm down to 3 yellow labs, a demasoni, a common pleco and a clown pleco...

easterner2012

AC Members
Jul 14, 2017
So, it looks like both the Acei's I purchased on Saturday have now died.. I'm down to 3 yellow labs, a demasoni, a common pleco and a clown pleco... I already have 10 yellow labs on order.. Suggestions?

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Figure out what killed them asap. If you give us more details we may be able to help. Do not add the new fish to this tank for the safety of your current fish AND the new fish. Where did you order from btw?

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
What are your parameters? Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, PH, and if possible GH and KH.
What kind of decoration, where you get it from?

easterner2012

AC Members
Jul 14, 2017
Hello, I think this is an isolated problem to just the Acei's I purchased as all the other fish seem to be fine. I have to admit, the Acei's looked a little pale when I bough them. I did a 30% water change last night and tested the water this morning. Below are the parameters.

PH 7.8
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate between 5-10

easterner2012

AC Members
Jul 14, 2017
The fish were purchase from a reputable local aquarium store..

I have 7 more yellow labs on order at the moment, should I try and cancel them?

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
But without knowing what killed them you can't be sure if they spread something to the tank. If it was my tank I would cancel the fish order (where did you order from?) and give the tank at least 2 weeks of careful observation before proceeding. How I would proceed depends...

What size are your current fish? What size are you ordering? And how many did you order cause first you said 10, now 7? Which you really need to order more than if you want to end up with 10 properly sexed adults.

easterner2012

AC Members
Jul 14, 2017
I ordered the labs from someone on my local Facebook group. I'm sure they can be canceled. All my fish in the tank now are juvies. 1-2 months old.

I'm thinking 5 labs
12 Dems
Clown pleco

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
That Dem to Lab ratio will not work. The Dems will just wipe out the Labs. . . Demasoni are "king of the tank fish" its better to either have all that species or just a single. Especially, just a single when you're going with the more peaceful side of Labidochromis. I wouldn't even do a pair of Dems, when they start spawning, you'll likely lose a few labs each time. . .

easterner2012

AC Members
Jul 14, 2017
No offense.. But this is one of the reasons why it is so frustrating for beginners.

Half of the people say that labs/dems are a proven combination and would be fine and others say that the dems will wipe out the labs.. How do I know what works for sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store