Fish Disease ID & Clean up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Arrow1oo

AC Members
May 11, 2020
H
You could just put a small dish or something on the gravel and feed there. Maybe they're not underfed, we need more pics of them to see what is going on. It doesn't have to be a infectious disease it could be poor quality fish.
Hm I see, had a hellish time trying to get my cories going for air as they were never facing me or too damn fast. I caught this on my Swordtail where he looks kind of bloated but I recently fed not sure if that's why. What other pics would you guys like, I'm trying to get good ones sorry lol.
20200512_180145.jpg20200512_180143.jpg

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
Well in any case the swordtail is well fed...
Any pics of the cories sitting on the gravel?

Arrow1oo

AC Members
May 11, 2020
Well in any case the swordtail is well fed...
Any pics of the cories sitting on the gravel?
Yea lol, I got a few not the clearest but they're finally still. Tried to zoom in
20200512_190451.jpg20200512_190443.jpg

just in case it's relevant, I was thinking could it be because my cardinals were sick, and when some died off they were dead overnight, giving time for their bodies to decompose. This could have led to Cory's bottomfeeding and pretty much eating that diseased matter. It could explain the sequence off transferring from cardinals, to the Cory's and not affecting my swordtail

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
I wouldn't say that, the pics with the swordtails are pretty decent still. But the zoom isn't working

Arrow1oo

AC Members
May 11, 2020
I wouldn't say that, the pics with the swordtails are pretty decent still. But the zoom isn't working
Sorry I had to rush to work today so I'll take a video when I get home. From what I've seen though, my Swordtail pooped white and long strings of poop.

From my research that could either be because he was a little constipated from yesterdays feeding or an internal parasites/ bacteria. I didn't get much time to observe him but he was swimming a little erratically, normally he's fairly mellow.

Otherwise no deaths today, cardinals look okay and Cory's as well. I will do a water change when I get home, hopefully they are doing okay.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store