Florida Het

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tempest

AC Members
Jun 8, 2002
Wichita, KS
I am trying to id a fish the LFS calls a Florida HET. They are a small slender fish which the lfs says is related to a tetra. The one s I got for my sister's tetra tank are less than one inch long and a tannish color with a pinkish hue. The gill covers are outlined in black and the fins also have some black on them. What stands out when you look at them is the dark triangle on the back part of the body with an almost neon pinkish stripe above. The tail is forked like the serpae tetra but the body isn't as deep as a serpae.

Does anyone have a clue what I've bought? I wish I had a camera to picture them.

Tempest

AC Members
Jun 8, 2002
Wichita, KS
Pinball... I think they are in that family type somewhere.. The pics of the Rasbora heteromorpha show a body that is too deep though for these fish I have unless they grow deeper as they get older. I said the fins had black on them but looking closer I guess it's more of a brownish red. They really are a pretty little fish and I had been looking at them for some time at the fish store. They've had them in stock for a few months. (Maybe a new shipment, shrugs)

Tempest

AC Members
Jun 8, 2002
Wichita, KS
It's close to the Rasbora heteromorpha but a little different from the pictures I saw. The fishes body is more slender on the ones I have and the colors are somewhat different. Maybe it's some *variety* of the same species?

Tempest

AC Members
Jun 8, 2002
Wichita, KS
Thanks guys. I'm hoping to acquire a digital camera soon so I can take some pics of these and my tanks. I'm getting ready to set up another smaller planted tank next week and these little guys are so pretty I may just have to steal them back from my sis for it. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store