Fluval continued

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bayoupr

AC Members
Oct 13, 2002
Avondale, La.
Visit site
I posted on this yesterday, but someone decided to rearrange things on us. Anywhy picture this. The return on the fluvals now have a pea trap type return. Its U shaped. The return goes down in your tank about 3", comes back up and shoots the water out at 90degrees through a wide mouth opening. Their easier to clean than my eheims are and I like the way the hoses attach and lock in place. I have no complaints about my 304, I'm just a spray bar junkie.

Hammerman

I was here!
Oct 2, 2002
Upstate, NY
Visit site
I replace the pea trap type return on my 404 and 304 with a homemade 1/2" PVC spray bar, and couple of elbows, works great. I just like the spray bars better. :cool:

Last edited:

DodgeIntrepidV6

AC Members
Oct 26, 2002
New Haven, CT
www.cardomain.com
how about those biowheels they sell seperately? Is there a way to make it work with the outtake of a fluval? I personally would like spray better, nice idea with the pcv

Hammerman

I was here!
Oct 2, 2002
Upstate, NY
Visit site
I thought of that, but since I have emperor's too, I didn't follow-thru on the ideal. I just spent 1.98 for the 10' PCV, and 25 cents for a couple of elbows, cut the PVC to the length I wanted the spray bars to be, drill my holes, and that was that.

bayoupr

AC Members
Oct 13, 2002
Avondale, La.
Visit site
Hey hammerman did you have to buy any adapters for the 1/2' pvc to match the existing fluval part or is it a match. Very interested in this idea. I also like the spray concept which is why I bought my eheims.

Tyler718

AC Members
Feb 17, 2002
Stafford, Va
Real Name
David
Originally posted by DodgeIntrepidV6
how about those biowheels they sell seperately? Is there a way to make it work with the outtake of a fluval? I personally would like spray better, nice idea with the pcv
I have 2 Fluval 404's on my 150. I did the same thing with pvc. I also have a bio-wheel on the other. This setup works great for me.

On adapters used for the 1/2" pvc. At home depot they have barbs that you insert in one end of the pvc. All you do is cut up to the amount you need to fit the hose. Buy a cap for the other end. I used heater suction cups to mount the pvc at the surface of the water.

Last edited:

Hammerman

I was here!
Oct 2, 2002
Upstate, NY
Visit site
Originally posted by Tyler718

I have 2 Fluval 404's on my 150. I did the same thing with pvc. I also have a bio-wheel on the other. This setup works great for me.

On adapters used for the 1/2" pvc. At home depot they have barbs that you insert in one end of the pvc. All you do is cut up to the amount you need to fit the hose. Buy a cap for the other end. I used heater suction cups to mount the pvc at the surface of the water.
I did the same thing. The adapters fit right into the Outflow tube, then two elbows, cut the PVC to the size I wanted from my spray bar, drilled my holes, and it was a done deal. I have them on my 55 (304)and 120(404). :cool:

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store