fluval edge 6 gallon issues (not 2.0 version)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

coconutzest

AC Members
Jan 23, 2021
Real Name
Ella
I got This bad boy off craigslist for 25 bucks. I want to learn more about my tank (what the price is new, if spare parts are made, Etc Etc). Im pretty sure it was discontinued but shouldn't there at least be a bit of information about it online...? I can't find anything, absolutely nothing. The only thing I found was a YouTube video posted in 2015 by a small YouTuber, "Tin Goose". It is not the 2.0 version sold on amazon that first pops up when you search the name of this tank, it has a different top. (don't mind how this tank looks haha I just wanted it to start cycling while I figured out what exactly I wanted to do with it)

Too long did not read: I got the Fluval Edge 6 gallon second hand and I can only find info on the newer version, Fluval Edge 2.0. Can you help?
F94E7444-315C-413A-B1C6-F8FDF93FEC7D.jpeg51574125-9752-4E73-9319-EF51ABB6E12B.jpegFDBC1F38-4F6B-4CFE-8F46-D1F9AF95D45A.jpeg

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Looks like a very cool nano setup!

That's the equivalent of an AquaClear 20 hang-on-back filter in there I believe. For lighting, it looks like it uses those little 2-pin twist lock GU-4 lamps. Lots of LED choices for those these days.

Reactions: Sprinkle

coconutzest

AC Members
Jan 23, 2021
Real Name
Ella
Wow thanks!! A few of the LEDs were burnt out so I ordered two of those little lamps off eBay. ☺ very helpful

Reactions: Sprinkle

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Wow thanks!! A few of the LEDs were burnt out so I ordered two of those little lamps off eBay. ☺ very helpful
I've got some recessed / pot lights in my home with these lamps. They were originally designed for 30-40watt halogen incandescents, but I have fitted some of them with LEDs. I had bad luck with all the LED ones I ordered off of eBay, but this was some years ago. Hopefully they've gotten better!

With that filter, you can use any sponge or floss media you want in it's basket and you can add a little bag of bio media in there too if you want, but IMO, the sponge is more important. Just squeeze it out in tank water when you do water changes and reuse it. It will last years.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store