Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

For Sale | Geophagus mirabilis Aripuana | $175 | Cypress Houston Texas | Pickup and Able to Ship

Discussion in 'AC Marketplace : Buy and Sell' started by jgldsh, Apr 18, 2017.

1. jgldsh

jgldsh Registered Member

Tuesday at 1:24 PM
    IMG_7530_adjusted.jpg IMG_2047.JPG IMG_7351.JPG What type of listing is this?:
    For Sale
    What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?:
    4x Geophagus mirabilis Aripuana - Free Shipping
    What are your prices?:
    Where are you located?:
    Cypress Houston Texas
    Pickup or Able to Ship?:
    Pickup and Able to Ship
    Description:
    4x tank raised, continental us overnight included, arrive alive-healthy guarantee
    Shipping method:
    Fedex
    Acknowledgement:
    I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

IMG_7351.JPG

2. jjbtexas

jjbtexas AC Members

May 5, 2017
    what size tank do you recommend for these guys? I'm having a hard time finding info about them.

3. jgldsh

jgldsh Registered Member

Yeah, super hard to find info and most of what I found is not really accurate.

They only get to be 7" or it is more about territory/length and if you want them to breed.

I have 1 pair in a 56g tall (30" long)with a couple of angels when I want them to spawn. 55g or 75g for 2 pair with some dithers, larger is usually better...

Have a post on MonsterFishKeepers, just search for Mirabilis, which has a lengthy discussion regarding them. Also, have vids and pics on my you tube page (I cant post urls here).

#3 jgldsh, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
    jjbtexas likes this.
  4. surfnslay

surfnslay Registered Member

Today at 12:53 PM
    Are these still for sale? What size are they currently and do you know the sexes?

5. jgldsh

jgldsh Registered Member

Hello.

The fry in this post are all sold (3-4"). I do have a few (8) 1.5" (usually male) and 2+" (usually female) available for $150 shipped continental US.

Never can be 100% sure on sex, especially at such a small/young age, but good at guessing sex based upon size and trying to vent.

Lemme know if ya have any more questions.

Have article in this issue of AMAZONAS which describes species and videos posted in their weekly newsletter.

6. surfnslay

surfnslay Registered Member

Today at 12:53 PM
    I just subscribed to the magazine to read your article but unfortunately it takes 24-48hrs before I will actually have access. I am definitely interested I just wanted to read some more details. I have an empty planted 75 gallon recently setup waiting for the right fish. Is it $150 for all 8? Do you think they would work well in a 75 gallon?

7. jgldsh

jgldsh Registered Member

Plants dont do well with most eartheaters. 75g is good for 3 pr with some dithers (mid to top level like angels, rainbows, tetras, etc...). Have you kept Geos before? Perhaps something like Tapajos for the first Geo would be good rather than a moderately sensitive (costly) geo such as mirabilis?

$150 for 4x with free shipping.

Perhaps talking online would be good, Facebook profile for PM'ing is /john.lambert.7330