Found this snail in my tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

amysell12

Registered Member
Apr 11, 2022
I found this lil guy when I was just cleaning out my tank. I haven't got any snails and haven't before. He was un a tank with just Cory albinos. Does anyone know what he is and whether he is safe to go in the tank with the corys, or if he could go in my other tank that has a golden gourami (who has been separated cause he was a bit aggressive)? IMG_6373.JPG

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Sanil mostly arrive as uninvited hitchhikers. This is most common on live plants. But snaill eggs can gome in other ways too as can teeny snails. Snails are way to slow to catch fish. They may dine on a dead fish however. Also it is very rare to get just one in a tank, They tend to multiply.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
it's a pond or bladder snail. Not much of a big deal unless you have 2 (& you might like 2 tank said) & overfeed. If you don't like snails (some people hate them, I don't if it's only a few) This kind is easy to smush against the glass & the corys will eat the "leftovers". Keep an eye out for small jelly-like egg masses anywhere. Scrape them off & vacuum them out. If it's only a few you can hand pick them & toss in the trash. Or put in a small piece of veggie & when you get a few, remove & toss or compost

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store