freshwater shrimp

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hebdizzle

playswithsquirrels
Mar 8, 2003
what are some different kinds of shrimp available for freshwater? I know ghost shrimp but anything else a little more colorful?

thanks
aaron

Hebdizzle

playswithsquirrels
Mar 8, 2003
anybody have shrimp and have reccomendations?
30 gallon tank, gravel
7.2 PH
no predator fish

cpr4cpu

AC Members
Mar 25, 2003
www.cpr4cpu.net
All great articles. Amano really likes his shrimp as well.
I don't like them because I get tired of claning up the leftovers after the gouramis and betta finish with them.

dave76

Home Zookeeper in Training....
May 13, 2003
Midlothian, TX
dodaniel.tripod.com
Personally I cant wait to get my big tank, planning on a 125 gal cichlid tank so that I can add a electric blue crawfish in. I know its not a shrimp but technically fresh water shrimp arent either they are prawns:D . Much to agressive for a community tank, a crawfish would serve as a good bottom feeder in an agressive tank such as that. I once had a 3" wild caught crawfish that would swim at the glass to try and get me. I eventually set him free. Oh yea, I have a 55 gal with a 4" GT and a 1.5" convict. Some time ago I put in about 9 ghost shrimp as feeders. They are all gone except for one who hangs out on the glass feeding on algae up at the top sometimes. I dont know how it survives cause if the GT sees him he will try to gobble him up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store