Friend has a sick betta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
My friend sent me this picture of his betta asking for suggestions and I'm horrified. He also sent me a video where you can see the right eye has popeye and he has some sort of growth on his side and a horrible fungus. My friend said he'd been like this for a month or more. He's moved him to a hospital tank to treat him, I've suggested if he was going to get something to do tetracycline for the popeye and he's started on a general antifungal. But honestly I kind of feel that the fish doesn't have much chance to recovery. Would I be wrong to say if the fish gets worse that euthanasia might be more humane? Thoughts? 326fca50-394b-459d-808b-81df3e43cb41.jpg

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
How old is the betta? You are right an antifungal is not going to do anything.
Epsom salt and an antibiotic is the only thing that might work, but in this condition chances are slim.

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I suggested some salt as well. But didn't think it would help much at this stage. I think he's had this one for about two years. He bought it from a PetCo so who knows how old it was when he got it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store