Fry surprise!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I know not many are paying attention to this thread, lol. But I just came home from a 2 week vacation & now there 8 fry on the glass!! 2 are fairly small the other 6 look a similar in size. The "big ones" don't seem to have grown a lot since I last saw them all. That's OK, they are quite slow growing IME.

What a fun homecoming! & kudos to my fish sitter, Chris, obviously he did a good job!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Oops, I may have misled you, these are the spawns from this winter/spring that I'm still finding fry from. Not new 1s I think...but who knows? I'm just happy to see so many at once.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Thanks! My tank is an overgrown mess, as I think I mentioned. If the fry are on the front glass, or leaves & rocks close, I might see them. Otherwise I haven't a chance of spotting them. But they seem to like it that way. I'm scared to weed too much but I scoop out lots of duckweed every water change & remove "some " java moss. I wish I didn't have either...but I think the fry & adults are happy!

On a different note, I saw 1 of my stiphodon gobies in this tank again after several months, I thought they'd died out...not looking as pretty blue as he has before, but such a cute character! I know I can't breed them with the brackish to salt & back again, sniff. But this tank has been very different & entertaining for the last 7+ years. I likely wouldn't have tried any of these fish if I hadn't moved east to west coast almost 8 years ago & had to start over. A great opportunity to try something new & breeding interesting fish is always fun!

Reactions: forse

forse

AC Members
Nov 7, 2018
San Juan, PR
Real Name
Enrique
You are welcome! But hey, for an old aquarist like me, this thread is really interesting. And I appreciate your kindness!!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm an old timer too & this tank has been a very interesting change of pace. I'm sorry to repeat so much, I'm still getting back into the post-vacation thing & didn't read anything I'd posted before, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store