Fry!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

O-man21

30 FW, 6 SW, 2.5 SW
Dec 3, 2002
Des Moines, IA
MY KRIB EGGS HATCHED!!!
There are some eggs left on the side of the cave...but there are a lot less then there were.. I think they hatched......The female is ALWAYS in the cave..she didn't even eat today...I'm lookin in it right now...and I think I see little black thing on the ground of the cave..I can't tell exactly cuz it's a hole in a brick that's on its side.
I have read they eat the algae in the tank...I dunno though..I'm gonna raise some BBS. so I htink I can feed them that when they get bigger..suggestions needed....and with the ick....I moved the otto to a different tank and I put medicine in that..I just don't like the thought of medicine in with eggs.

jiggerpolebill

i have a key to the Twinsavr
Aug 16, 2002
Indy, IN, USA
Visit site
congrads on the fry. see? i told you theyd get it right! the largest krib baby in my tank now is about 3/4". the only thing different that i started doing specifically for the fry was grinding up flake food into a fine powder. im also feeding frozen daphnia(which mine really like) and frozen baby brine shrimp. occasionally ill throw in a cube of krill as well, but the parents seem to eat this more than the babies. you could also try out Wardleys Small Fry liquid fry food i suppose. the fry will follow mama and daddy around and pick in and out of the gravel. youll be surprised how far down they will wedge themselves. unfortunately, some of mine got stuck and never made it back up, but theres not a whole lot you can do about that(take all the gravel out maybe!). do some searching around, but initially i believe mama will feed them some. good luck!

O-man21

30 FW, 6 SW, 2.5 SW
Dec 3, 2002
Des Moines, IA
man...it seems like I'm just wasting threads......but the mom ate the fry..God! it's so annoying....I think it might be cuz it's in a heavily populated room..so she doesn't feel she can protect the fry...but I don't have anywhere else to put it..maybe when they lay eggs again..if they do...I'll put a towel over the tank...

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
sometimes if my are full and i get a batch of fry that are free swimming i put them into a little 2g bucket or my little 2g tank that i picked up at a garage sale for $1, i just put an irstone in there and do water changes once a day, and feed brine shrimp.

O-man21

30 FW, 6 SW, 2.5 SW
Dec 3, 2002
Des Moines, IA
Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store