Getting back in the saddle

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ralizem

AC Members
Apr 4, 2017
Hi all! I have loved the hobby since I was kid. My mother and I had a lot of fun keeping tropical fish when I was a kid and the fun never stopped. I've successfully kept fresh and saltwater fish in the past, but since I married 16 yrs ago the wife was never keen on the idea. But the bug finally got me again and I am back into it. The wife really likes it too. Go figure. Got a 10 gal and a couple of glofish. These guys are neat. It's so tiny so I'm already gathering up equipment to go bigger.

The industry has really gotten technical and so advanced since I left the hobby. And I love diy projects. YT wasn't even a thing 16 yrs ago and wow all the info available today is blowing my mind! I remember having to order books and research at the library to learn how keep certain fish. And only within a few weeks of being back, I'm finding there is a lot I never knew and even more I forgot. So I'm treating this like I know nothing and starting all over.

Now there are forums like this one full of dedicated folks with hundreds of years of knowledge combined all ready to throw in their experience to help others. That's great.

Thanks to all for your kindness to help others and patience with all my questions.
Thanks for all the future help!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

MardieJane

AC Members
Apr 19, 2017
Central Florida
Camera Used
Cannon eos 5d markII
So your ten gallon could be really sweet. I'm new to the whole fish keeping. But from what I've read the pygmy corydoras are now easy to get, where they were probably new and rare when you stopped. I'd check them out. I'd be happy if I could successfully keep a small school/shoal/group whatever of them. They are really funny little fish, all over the tank, eating stuff off plants running around sticking their noses everywhere. Could make your 10 gallon worth having. Could always move them up if you go bigger, your wife will like them I'm sure! Another little crazy fish Im wishing for are the little bumble bee gobies. They are super cute and I think they would work in the ten gallon too. Worth looking at. Hope you have found a fun hobby to do with your wife!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store