Getting nervous now!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Turbo

Im going crazy
Dec 1, 2002
Minnesota, USA
Visit site
Fish stuff

Hey Finz; just curious. Where did you get your tank from? I know you are getting alot of it from Walmart, but you said that you ordered it. As arkylady stated earlier about getting stuff from Foster and Smith athttp://www.drsfostersmith.com . It has more stuff they you could imagine. And there fish stuff is getting better every month not to mention the cheap price of everything. I was just at Petsmart the other day and they where selling the penguin 330 for $75 and its in the Foster and Smith catalog for $24.99. Thats where I get all my stuff, well I get a discount too do to the fact that I work there during the summer. But just wait and see what they are coming out with by spring. You will be amazed.

Finzzup

AC Members
Dec 1, 2002
NW Iowa
Visit site
Turbo, I ordered the Eclipse 6 gallon from petco.com -- I got 20% off my order, so the system cost me approx. $45 and with shipping and tax it was $53.

This weekend, I went to Walmart to pick up gravel and a heater and I saw another brand (can't remember the name now) that was a 5 gallon system almost identical to the Eclipse but it was 5 gallon. It had the same look and the Bio-wheel -- think it was $29.99 or $34.99. I was upset I'd paid more when this one would've been fine, but at least the Eclipse system is "known" more. (I can justify anything!)

(I also got a little sign that said "Key West or Bust!" -- just couldn't resist!

I'll have to check out drsfostersmith! I get the catalog in the mail and have ordered items for my Golden Retriever and Miniature Schnauzer -- guess I wasn't looking for aquatic things so I didn't notice them. :)

I have a coupon now for free shipping from petco.com after placing my first order.

BTW, the Eclipse has arrived! I'm waiting for the football game to start so I can enjoy opening it up without interruptions!

Pagipoo

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
southwest VA
Visit site
with one of our tanks, I went to the floral dept of wal-mart and found some silk plants that i liked. took them home and removed the wires from them, and weighted them down using fishing sinkers, they work great and have had them in the tank for about six months without any problems.

Bruddah Chrispy

AC Members
Dec 3, 2002
Redmond, WA
Visit site
Originally posted by Finzzup
My Betta is living in a huge 2G glass jar right now with no plant (I tried - it died) and I've had him almost 18 months now, so hope the aquarium will be better and work out for him. He should be a happy camper! :)
If Mr. Utley (I assume he plays steel drums, BTW) is already in a tank, wouldn't it be better to use that water as the basis for the new tank? Just a thought.

Finzzup

AC Members
Dec 1, 2002
NW Iowa
Visit site
Originally posted by Bruddah Chrispy

If Mr. Utley (I assume he plays steel drums, BTW)
Actually, Mr. Utley prefers the keyboards! He's a master at them... and I've even created a "Coral Reefer" for him to swim in! Plus, I found a sign that said "Key West or Bust!" -- I just couldn't resist..... :D

wouldn't it be better to use that water as the basis for the new tank?
That is what I am planning to do! I'm going to do small water changes and add the water from his jar to the tank and vice versa. Same with the gravel.

He's already eyeing that new aquarium...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store