Getting new fish for my birthday!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

StarSapphire22

Senior Member and Goldie Enthusiast
May 3, 2012
Fargo, ND
Real Name
Jessica
Neither of them will accept the gel food. Steve said he fed almost exclusively veggies, with pellets rarely. They haven't eaten in like 5 or 6 days though, other than whatever they're finding in the sand...what goldfish don't want to eat??

Batman and Sammi ate a little...but no one seems to realize it's food when I drop it in. They are running away from my hand when I put it in the tank...they would always come over and check me out before. Everyone gets along fine now, though Sammi is still freaking out a bit and hides a lot.

AND on top of it all, the pearlscale has a booboo and IDK how to fix it.

So much for being an awesome goldie mom....

StarSapphire22

Senior Member and Goldie Enthusiast
May 3, 2012
Fargo, ND
Real Name
Jessica
Here's the final recipe I used, if it helps, or anyone is wondering.

1 cup API pellets
1/2 cup Hikari daphnia
1/4 cup Nutrafin spirulina flakes

2 sheets of Sally's Seaweed Salad (Natural dried poryphyra yezoensis seaweed)
1 cup romaine lettuce
1 cup kale
1 cup spinach
4 containers of Gerber Garden Vegetables baby food (carrots, peas, water, spinach)
2 containers of Gerber Squash baby food (squash, water)
3 tbsp canned pumpkin (100% natural pumpkin)
1 tablespoon minced garlic (organic garlic, water)
1 tsp basil (organic basil, water)
unflavored gelatin

I soaked the pellets, daphnia, spirulina flakes, and ripped up pieces of seaweed in 2 cups of water for about 45 minutes, then added it to the other ingredients that had been chopped and mixed up, and pureed it all together. Then I set it with the gelatin, poured it into a glass cake pan, let chill for 8 hours (I went to bed, lol). I then cut it into small cubes, and spread it on a cookie sheet and froze it for 2 hours (this helps them not stick together later, supposedly). Afterwards, I put it in a ziploc bag, and stuck it back in the freezer.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
wait is it ok to put ranchus with pearlscales? i was told not to put goldfish with wens with other goldfish. i have two fantails and wanted an oranda but apparentally that wouldnt work?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store