Going on 20 years... Wow

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Guy W

AC Members
Apr 8, 2002
Naples, FL
It will be going on 20 years since I joined this forum.

I first jumped on here, and got into aquariums back in 2002-2003. I was most active here from 2003 to 2005 but came back every now and then ust to check in, say hi, and read some threads. But, it has been many years since the last time I stopped by.

It's funny, I went through my history and re-read a lot of the old posts and replies from back in the day. Everyone was so friendly and polite. Now that's not to imply people here are no longer friendly or polite, I'm sure they are - but it's been years since I've checked in on these forums. I'm more talking about the internet and the world in general. It was a lot nicer 20 years ago, when you visited specialized forums like this to interact with people who shared common interests.

So what have I been up to? Not that anyone asked, but if you were wondering I do still have an aquarium. It's a simple 40g breeder tank setup for saltwater with a few fish. Nothing crazy like the tanks I had back in the day, but just enough to keep me still connected to this hobby.

I'm on the north side of 40 years old now, not that I'm over the hill, but thinking back to my early 20s and how different things were when I first got into this hobby has been a fun nostalgic trip. I've had lots of ups and downs over the years and I'm sure there will be lots more. But as the saying goes, I just keep swimming.

I hope you're all well and hope to still be here in another 20 years.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Glad to see you check in. The internet and social media is continuously changing. Folks tend to text for instant communication, and so much more stuff is readily available compared to 20 years ago. It is less friendly in my belief, and with so many new platforms, specialized ones lose attention.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Nice to see you stop back in for a visit and glad to hear you are still keeping a tank running.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Hi Guy- I joined 6 days before you did. That is why I got more worms than you ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store