goldfish dead and another dieing??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
A healthy fish doesn't get sucked up against the intake at all, not even for a moment. This is an indication of weakness.... so be prepared to lose this one too. I'm real sorry, AAF.

I don't know the rest of the history yet for this tank, but you asked about removing the uneaten food. Most definitely, you'd want to remove that right away as you know already there are health issues present.

For goldfish in a 55, your total filtration should be at least rated at 250 gallons. I would tend more toward 300 or even higher. Multiple filters are better than a single ones too, so consider having a canister and a hob.

You asked about doing a water change to remove the food... are you actually cleaning the gravel at the same time? (Or sand?.... what kind of substrate is this?

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
its barebottom and i got all uneatin food out but shes on her side and having a hard time breathing :( i dont think she will make it. i sure do hope i can find a goldfish like her in the future.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
what should i do about getting another goldfish? i mean do i need to sterilize the filter and tank? i mean i dont even know how they died. i found these really cute ryukins on ebay and i asked him if i bought it if hed hold it for me till im ready so whatever i need to do i will. i could even try putting the 3 minnows i have in there to see if there is a disease in the water or something wrong with the tank. i hope i used the right silicone when i resealed the tank. i was told it was the right kind.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store