Goldfish emergency.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

loveclaywell

AC Members
Dec 1, 2011
Kentucky
Real Name
Victoria.(:
I've been away for a few weeks and haven't been able to change the water in my goldfish tank.One goldfish,i've had for a long time,is lying on it's side at the bottom of the tank.The other fish look fine.I've changed the water in the tank.I took the sick fish out and put it into a small bowl with salt and a lifegaurd treatment,but i'm starting to think maybe it would be better back in it's regular tank.It won't eat and has started floating to the top of the bowl,then swinmming back to the bottom and starting over.About six months ago it had a fungus overgrowth on its mouth and I had to cut it open.It survived,so I know it's a fighter.Please help!

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
I'm not much help with fish diseases... I would have a tendency to leave him in the main tank and keep doing water changes. Maybe add some salt to the main tank. I'm afraid the smaller bowl will just add stress to a fish that is already sick. Plus the bowl isn't cycled or filtered, so you will run into water quality issues really quickly.

Hope he's doing better.
wren

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store